Overview: You will present your five best journal writings/reading logs, along with a short reflective piece about your writing process so far this year. You may choose what to share with me; while journals are not assessed on content, please keep it appropriate for me to read.
You have been asked to write without stopping for 9 minutes each journal that we have had. As such, the length of your writing should be at least ¾ of a page in length (longer if you have big handwriting).
Me as a Writer
Write a one page, typed, double-spaced reflection on your writing and your writing process. Be sure to use paragraphs, have a hook for an intro, a clear conclusion, etc.
I want to know…
· What writing assignment(s) this semester most engaged you as a writer? Why?
· Were any of the grades you received for writing surprising to you? What were they and what was surprising about the remarks or grades?
· Discuss one thing that you do well as a writer. (Do not say “grammar.”)
· Discuss one thing that you’d like to improve about your writing. (Do not say “grammar.”)
· What did you learn about yourself (your values, attitudes or beliefs) from your work in this class (i.e., things you read/viewed/studied or wrote) this semester?
· Name ONE thing you think has been valuable about your time this class, something you would recommend that I continue next year.
You will need to include have at least ONE edited rough draft of this paper.
Your project will be graded on:
The Journal Project
counts for your final major writing grade. Late projects will lose 10 points
per day for two days and then will not be accepted.
DUE DATE: Monday, May 10
I will have projects graded by you “final exam” day.