GENERAL SHOP SAFETY
INDICATE WILLINGNESS TO WORK SAFELY
BY SIGNING SAFTEY PLEDGE
STUDENT SAFTEY PLEDGE FORM
________________________, who is in Pre-Engineering, will, as a part of the class, operate machines, providing that a parent or guardian gives written permission.
It is understood that each student will be given proper instruction, both in the use of the equipment and in correct safety procedures concerning it, before being allowed to operate it. The student must assume responsibility for following safe practices, and we therefore ask that the following safety pledge be signed.
1. I PROMISE TO ABIDE BY SCHOOL POLICIES AS STATED IN STUDENT CODE OF CONDUCT.
2. I PROMISE TO FOLLOW ALL SAFETY RULES FOR THE MATERIALS SHOP.
3. I PROMISE NEVER TO USE ANY EQUIPMENT WITHOUT FIRST HAVING PERMISSION FROM THE INSTRUCTIOR.
4. I WILL NOT ASK PERMISSION TO USE A PARTICULAR MACHINE UNLESS I HAVE BEEN INSTRUCTED IN ITS USE, AND HAVE PASSED THE SAFETY TEST FOR THAT MACHINE.
5. I WILL REPORT ANY ACCIDENT OR INJURY TO THE TEACHER IMMEDIATELY.
6. I UNDERSTAND THAT FAILURE TO FOLLOW SAFETY REGULATIONS IS GROUNDS FOR DISMISSAL FROM THE MATERIALS SHOP.
DATE __________ STUDENT SIGNATURE _____________________________
I hereby give my consent to allow my child to operate all machines and equipment necessary in carrying out the Architect Club project.
DATE __________ PARENT/GUARDIAN SIGNATURE ___________________________
Parents and/or guardians are cordially invited to visit the shop to inspect the machines and to see them in operation. By signing this document, I release Alpharetta High School, Fulton County Schools, and Stephen Sweigart from liability in the shop.